How the Doctor Almost Killed Her Dog

 This is a really great article from the NY Times written by a physician who almost killed her own dog (by accident of course!) A week before Christmas, Dexter the 11-year-old German Shepherd, had aggravated a leg injury. His owner, a physician, gave him 3 doses of ibuprofen at 600 mg each over a 36 hour period.  That’s when he stopped eating and for the first time, wet himself overnight. She knew immediately something was wrong. The vet advised her to bring Dexter in immediately. He spent 7 days in intensive care and his owner got a $3000 bill. Read more about Dexter and what kinds of “human medications” dogs can and cannot have….after the “arf”…..ready?     ARF!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: